Monday, March 12, 2007

Jayden's Surgery

Thank you to all for your prayers. The surgery went GREAT!! Jayden was so brave. We checked into the hospital at 8:00. They gave her some happy medicine and we talked with the nurse, doctor and anyone else involved in her surgery. They took her back to the operating room at 10:00. She reached out for the nurse and went on her way. We were so proud of her! I didn't even shed a tear, though at times I felt I was close. Jayden did such a nice job of going to the nurse that I felt at ease. If she would have been screaming and reaching out for me that would have been another story and I would have been screaming and reaching out for her also. The surgery took about 17 minutes. She was in recovery for about 20 more minutes and then they wheeled her back to her short stay room where Jason and I were during surgery and recovery. She looked so cute in that hospital crib. She was just laying there like a good girl, a little out of it. The nurses and doctors said she was one of the best patients they have ever had. They said it was like working with an adult. She listened to them and didn't even cry once. They were all talking about how sweet and cute she was. Of course her mom and Dad already knew that. She is really sleepy right now. She has been sleeping since we got home. We left the hospital at 12:00 and she fell asleep in the car right away. The doctor told us she could have light play today and should be back to herself tomorrow. We are so glad her little ears are going to feel much better. I posted some pictures from the surgery. We took a lot of pictures because she looked so cute. I plan on making a scrapbook page. Hope all is well with everyone.

Erin, Jason, and Jayden

No comments: